Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Pitfalls of Romantic Love / 男女爱情的绊脚石

English version:
I am starting to see why it is worthless labour when bringing a person who is romantically attracted to you to hear the word of God being preached.

Their number one priority in coming to your church is to have time with you. Thus he is oblivious to EVERYTHING that happens in between the conversation the two of you have had. Even the simplest things simply pass right over his head.

I know so because on asking for feedback once after a sermon, his answer gave me the feeling he simply have had no clue of what was spoken except in very general terms.

So will I continue bringing people who are romantically attracted to me to our church? I think so although it will not be my priority. Who knows what the Holy Spirit can wrought in his heart by listening to the word of God preached simply and fearlessly? It is my previlege to just pray for him as well as others around me that God will soften their hearts and have the gift of eternal life accepted. I can only pray that I may be used for His glory, and not to force others to come to Him because that is not His will.

If you have great tips on how you were used successfully for evangelism, do let me know by replying with your comments.

Have a great day!

华文版:
开始觉得带对自己有特别意思的朋友来教会听神的话语是在浪费我的精力。

他们来教会的第一目的是和你相伴。因此他们对周遭的事务全然不知 - 只把精神放在你们的谈话。就连最基本,小孩子都知道的沟通都一耳进,一耳出,完全没放在心里。

这点我明确的知道因当我问他听完传道后的感想,他只能以非常肤浅的词应变我的问题。

我会带对我有意思的人来教会吗?如果有机会,这不会是我的焦点,但是肯定的。想想看,普通人能够猜想圣灵的操作吗?谁会知完整、简单的福音会有着 样的回应 呢?为人祷告,祈求神对罪人施恩,能得永生是我的恩惠。我只能祈求我能被神用于他的荣耀,不能强求人来他跟前,因这不是他的旨意。

如你有好的传道建议,请在这板上留言让我知道。

愿你有快乐的一天!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...