Monday, November 14, 2005

Eph 5 Love Story / 以弗所爱的故事

Some time back, this song was inspired for our friends' wedding which a group of us performed for their church wedding.

It holds a special place in my heart because this is the first song that was inspired after I had become a Christian and it's a song of joy and hope. The songs composed before I believed were all songs expressing disappointment when people close to me had let me down in one way or another and thus this gift and the discovery that I can write uplifting songs is a delight to me.

This is made public after the personal portion of the lyrics have been changed to protect the couple's privacy as and acts as a record of my complete Mandarin lyrics. You can preview the audio below:

Girl: Light of her smile, a stirring in him
Shy advances, first steps from him
Guy: Once in darkness, now hope arising
Will she come to me Lord tell me?

Girl: Feeling empty, will he be coming?
Heart's uneasy, why am I waiting?
Guy: Patience darling, it's in His timing
Trust in Him for God is leading

Bridegroom & Bride: God is watching, two hearts beating
Beating as one, united in Him
Bridegroom: Pledged to love her, keep her holy
Bride: And submit to him in everything

Bridegroom & Bride: Older than time, like Adam & Eve
Bones of his bones, belonging to him

Bride: Great love story, profound mystery
Bridegroom: It's actually of Christ and His redeemed

女:回头一笑 已触动他心
慢腾前进 为与她亲近
男:本是迷茫 希望却降临
梦想能够与她同行

女:孤单侵灵 心里又空虚
沸腾情绪 坐立不定
男:安定心情 凡事有定期
万事都在天父手里

新郎与新娘:神守护你 两心欢喜
齐心共鸣 在他旨意里
新郎:全心全意 爱呵护你
新娘:把我的生命交托给你

新郎与新娘:像创世记里 亚当与妻
骨中的骨 全都属于
新娘:伟大爱历 深奥的秘密
新郎:其实是关于基督与他的子民

Preview of audio:



Please do not save the audio. Thank you.


Special thanks to J for coming out with the chords and piano accompaniment. You've been a wonderful partner in this. :)

In addition, I'd like to record the new version. So if you're a male vocalist who is able to play the piano (preferred)/keyboard at the same time, let me know. It'll also be good if there is a recording facility. :)

I've made changes to the chords (mainly because I've lost the chord chart J has written out for me) and also because I was trying to convey subtle differences in mood (Hope you don't mind, J).

Do let me know your thoughts for this song. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You wrote this song? Wonderful lyrics!

Ms Carpe Diem said...

Francis: Thank you, I got a little bit more chatty after a while. ;)

Gunblad3: Glad you like it. :)

paddychicken said...

Why do you need a male vocalist/pianist? I thought you and J sounded so good together.

Ms Carpe Diem said...

Whom do you think is more suitable as guy/bridegroom? J or I? ;)