Thursday, July 07, 2005

Evangelism and Coincidences

In my efforts to bring my friends to heaven with me, it is definitely awesome to see how God works in bringing people to know Him without my effort and how coincidences are lined up so that His purpose can be advanced. Prayerfully, their first steps into my church will be "One small step into church, one giant leap towards Christ."

What are the chances of a new friend making a prior lunch appointment with me who just so happens to be in the perfect position to bring my unsaved friend to my church to listen to God's word at the exact moment when I need it?

Yet this was what happened and because of my meeting with a new Christian friend, my unsaved friend (to be named 'S' here) got brought by her to church to listen to God's word faithfully preached. Although S' greatest impression of the sermon was to add 'dependability' to her checklist of her soulmate, I am not without hope.

If God can change the heart of me, a previously proudly self-professing anti-Christian 15 years after my 1st encounter with the knowledge of the person of Christ and 3 years of hard praying for my salvation by my very, very good friend (it's obvious why she's a true friend right?), He can touch anyone's heart. I believe in the power of prayer and that He can bring to Him any person He had predestined to salvation.

Isa 55:10-11:
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

No comments: