Saturday, April 22, 2006

Prayer Structure

[Edited on 23rd April: Added international focus for Friday]

Inspired by "A Call to Spiritual Reformation" by Don Carson, I'm praying that I'm able to implement this prayer structure:

Sunday: Family
Monday: Close friends and prayer/accountability group
Tuesday: Organisation, department, charities and volunteers we're working with and their leaders
Wednesday: Church, DG, Music Ministry and their leaders
Thursday:BSF group and Believers' Music
Friday: Friends in general, unbelievers, our nation and international focus of the week
Saturday: Myself and various initiatives considering to be embarked on

Any groups I have missed out or other considerations I should be thinking through?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its great that u have started this. I have been doing this for the past 2 years. I have a day for R.O.W which is Rest of the World. You may have the heart/"soft spot" for the people of a some country and may like to include that in your prayer time-table. I trust God will keep you faithful in this "project". =)

Ms Carpe Diem said...

Dear Anon

What a wonderful suggestion, thanks! For the time being, I'd prob add that to my Fri or Sat prayer time-table.

Thanks for your well-wishes. I pray that your priorities reflected in your prayer time-table will always be God-centred.

Anonymous said...

Hey babe, this is extremely encouraging. And it's good to have some discipline, even in prayer life. I used to do this a long time ago in Sydney, but sad to say have stopped. Nevertheless, you've inspired me to take it up again. Keep up those prayers. They really do work. :)

Ms Carpe Diem said...

Hey Joyous, good to hear that it's encouraging for you. I must say I'm not as devoted in it as I'd like it to be, prayerfully this will grow with time.

Will pray for your QT. :)