Saturday, August 16, 2008

What Angels Long to know

Very meaningful song by Steven Curtis Chapman. Part of the lyrics:

Angels Wish

Was God smiling when He spoke the word and made the world?
And did He cry about the flood?
What does God's voice sound like when He sings, when He's angry?
These are just a few things that the angels have on me

.......
But I've been shown the Saviour's love
The Grace of God has raised me up
....
And I know things the angels only wish they knew

I have seen the dark and desperate place where sin will take you
I've felt loneliness and shame
And I have watched the blinding light of grace
come breaking through with a sweetness only tasted
By the forgiven and redeemed

And someday I'll sit down with my angel friends
Up in heaven
And they'll tell me about Creation
And I'll tell them a story of Grace
.....

And isn't that true? When Lucifer led a rebellion against God, a third of the angels followed him. And they were kicked out of heaven onto earth where they are continuing their campaign to lead people in rebellion against God and away from Jesus Christ. They will await for the appointed time for their judgement. The lake of fire was originally prepared for them. (Matt 25:41)

There is no reprieve for them - their rebellion signals their eternal dismissal from God's presence - to the lake of fire where even death and hades is thrown in during the end times (Rev 20:15) Yet God in His grace sent Jesus to die for us so that we can fellowship with Him, a grace that is not shown to the demons - the fallen angels. (2 Pet 2:4) He has given us a way to be His Sons and Daughters and to know Him as the perfect, heavenly Father...

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

No comments: