Friday, August 05, 2005

Sing to God

Received this in my email from Ron Hoh a few days ago that resonates with me. Here is an excerpt of it:
Singing is indeed a way of letting the word of Christ
dwell in us richly (Colossians 3:16) besides teaching.
So, this ministry is indeed important and what a
privilege it is to be blessed by God in giving us the
spiritual gifts in this ministry to build up the body
of Christ.

If we can sing so passionately about another human
being (eg Sara) or animal (eg Ben) or global healing
(eg we are the world), then what more if we are
singing to and about God himself...the very Creator,
Sustainer, Giver, Savior and Lord of our lives!!

I would lift all of my voice...because it's God!!! My
God, our God. :)

Indeed it is when we feel most uplifted, that most of us will want to express ourselves through songs. It happens to me, read about my wacky, burst-into-song episode here and I'm sure it is the case for you too.

So let's lift our gifted voices to our creator to praise and thank Him through songs.

No comments: